TREATMENT OF MINOR CUTS AND SCRAPES
1. Remove as much loose debris
from the wound as possible, rinsing with clean water, if available.
2 Gently clean wound with an antiseptic wipe.
3. If the wound gapes open slightly, it can be pulled closed with a butterfly closure.
4. Apply a thin layer of antibiotic ointment.
5. Cover the wound with an adhesive bandage. For larger wounds, use gauze pads and adhesive tape.
6. Watch for signs of infection, such as:
redness or warmth around the wound.
streaks around the wound
7. If infection develops, consult a physician.