Wherefore, now let every man learn his duty, and to act in the office in which he is appointed, in all diligence.
The Purpose of Your Calling:
Through your ward outlined Scouting Program, help the assigned young men in your ward, ages 16 to 18, to build desirable qualities of character, learn leadership skills, be aware of the responsibilities of citizenship, develop personal fitness, and help these young men honor their priesthood. To support the mission of the local BSA Council:
is the mission of the Boy Scouts of America to serve others by helping to instill values in young people, and other ways to prepare them to make ethical choices during their lifetime in achieving their full potential. The values we strive to instill are based on the Scout Oath and Law. The aims of Scouting are to develop in youth (1) a strong ethical character, (2) an active, participating citizenship, including leadership ability, and (3) personal fitness: physical, mental, emotional and moral.
Guidelines of Your Stewardship:
Qualifications You Should Develop
1. Ability to work closely with young men.
2. Ability to organize time effectively.
3. Ability to develop leadership and team spirit.
4. A testimony and good relationship with the Lord
Meetings/Activities to attend
1. Weekly Crew meetings, and a monthly planning meeting.
2. Monthly ward Key Scout Leaders Meeting.
3. District Round Table each month at .
4. Committee planning meetings. (schedule and location)
5. District and Council activities support.
6. General church meetings.
7. Appropriate stake YM and YM/YW activities, i.e., Standards Night, Sports, Stake Dances, etc.
Handbooks or supplemental materials available to help you:
Aaronic Priesthood Leadership Handbook (LDS), Scouting Handbook (LDS), Duty to God and On My Honor Awards (LDS) (Materials being formulated) These materials should be turned over to your successor or Bishop.